What You'll Need:
- Shaving Cream
- Food coloring
- Heavy weight envelopes (or cardstock)
- Painters or Washi Tape
- Papper Towels
- A Ruler
- Spatula (you will need to be able to scoop with)
- Baking Dish (rectangular or Square)
- Optional Toothpick
What You'll Do:
- First mask off the opposite side of the side your going to marble with your tape.
- Now the fun begins take your shaving cream and pour a reasonable amount into your pan then put just a couple of drops of food coloring into the foam.
- With your spatula fold the shaving cream to mix in the color. Don't color all of your shaving cream just create a nice swirl pattern.
- Once your first coat is nicely swirled you can take a toothpick or a small item and dip it lightly into the coloring then swirl it around in the shaving cream. You can repeat this step until you have the pattern you would like in your cream.
- Then take your envelope and place it in the colorful shaving cream with the tape side facing up.
- Lightly press the paper into the shaving cream. You can't let the paper sit in the cream for a long time for it to start to get too wet. So then gently pick the paper up at one end of the envelope and peel and place on your paper towel.
- Take your ruler and scrape the foam off of your paper in a sweeping like manner.
- Then take a new paper towel and wipe away any extra shaving cream. Then let the paper dry off to a new location.
- You can repeat steps 5-8again until you complete marbling your papers but before you place each new envelope into the shaving cream again give it a few swirls.
- Once all of your masterpieces have dried place them under a big book to become flat again.
Please email us an image of your colorful masterpieces at...
** You can do this with whatever paper you may like.**